Personal BillPay - For Paying Businesses & People
Details and Features
- Set one-time and recurring payments
- Set automatic withdrawals from your BCT personal account
- Transactions appear on your monthly account statement
- Creditors unable to accept electronic payments will receive a paper check drawn off your account
- View previous two statements
- 180-day transaction history
How does a BillPay work?
- Sign into your Personal Online Banking account (formally NetTeller).
- Click on the BillPay tab.
- Select the recipient from your address book or press "+ Payee" to enter a new recipient.
- Once a Payee is added, you may enter the amount you want to send.
- Enter a payment date. Please note that payments entered with today's date cannot be changed.
- Click Pay.
- Click Submit Payment.
Differences in paying Businesses, People, and other Financial Institutions
When paying a business, BCT's BillPay system will generate either an e-payment or check. E-Payments generally take up to two (2) business days. Check payments can take up to five (5) business days, so budget accordingly. There are thousands of businesses registered with BCT BillPay, so most will be available for e-Payment.
When paying other people outside BCT, it may take up to two (2) business days to post after the recipient picks up the payment.
When paying your accounts at other financial institutions, it may take up to two (2) business days to post.
When paying other people inside BCT, it may take up to two (2) business days.