What is People to People Payments?
This convenient feature allows you to make person-to-person payments electronically to anyone you choose, such as a landlord, babysitter or relative.
How it works:
Choose the option that’s best for you.
- Provide the recipient’s email address or mobile phone number and a secure password of your choosing. The recipient then logs in to a secure site using that password and provides the required account information. A payment is deposited electronically from your account into their account.
- Provide the recipient’s bank routing number and deposit account information and a payment is sent electronically.
- Provide the recipient’s mailing address and a paper check will be mailed.
Why it’s a new level of simplicity?
Sending money electronically is faster, more convenient and more secure than sending a check. And even when a paper check is necessary, online bill pay can save you time. That’s because we mail your check directly to the recipient, which saves you a trip to the post office.
How to get started:
When adding a payee, simply choose to add an individual rather than a company or business.
BCT Mobile App Instructions*
After adding a payee through the Online Banking BillPay service, you may use the BCT Mobile App to pay people directly. Here's the process in the Mobile App:
- Select Pay Bills
- Select Payees
- Select the + sign in the top left
- Select Payee Type- Person
- Select Payment Method: By Check, By Email or Directly I have their account information
*BCT Mobile Banking and the BCT Mobile App require data connection. Wireless carrier fees may apply.
Still have questions?
We're glad to help. Contact our Customer Care Center with any questions at 1-800-296-8431.